Saturday, May 28, 2011

CKC BLOG HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Counterfeit kit challenge blog hop!  If you have come from Karen's blog your on the right track.  If you would like to follow along then return to CKC and play along on the hop.
Our challenge for the blog was to choose a manufacturer and create a project using something that inspires you.  Well i choose my most favorite manufacturer which is IMAGININCE.  I love most of their papers.  I find them fun, bright and cheerful.  They seem to be great for scrapbooking or card making for kids.
So here is my inspiration from Imaginince.  I found it bright and cheerful but most of all different.

What gave me the inspiration was how cute it looked.  So i decided to make two cards from my may kit.  The two cards are for my daughter's preschool.  I felt they they could use a little something for putting up with all those three/four year old running around, hype,whining children.  They do an excellent job of tiring out my four year old, so i decided they need a reward.

 

I love the look of the twirled paper.  It gives the card some dimension and adds a lot of  color.






I used my texture boutique and used a circle embossing plate on the front of the card.i then used paper that had bands of look alike stitching on it and cut small lengths of it for twirling.  I drew on the gold stiching lines and added  my embellishments.
So hop on over to Glinda razzledscrapper and see what manufacturer gave her inspiration.

24 comments:

  1. These cards look so fun and pretty, i really like the twirled paper. The little boy image is really cute too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wicked nice cards!! They are so fun!! How nice for your child's preschool! I used to work at a preschool and LOVED it!! No better way to start the morning when you have a bunch of little smiling faces to surround you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! What great inspiration and your cards turned out perfect! What a nice thank you treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow the Imaginisce blog too but I soooo missed this!!! I am definitely making some of these just to have in my stash for those last minute birthdays I so often forget about! Your cards are simply awesome! I agree - what a great little thank you for the preschool teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like to find things that are unique - this one is awesome and your take on it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun cards! Thanks for the inspiration...I have the boy stamp and have yet to use it. :) New follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I love the dimension and you are right it is different, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a simple and fun way to add that little something special to the cards! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea for a card! I love those little coiled paper rolls! Your cards are adorable, and anyone would be happy to receive one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The twirled paper is great! And the images of the kids are perfect for your cards. Loved your post!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is super cool! I'ved never seen anything like that. So original. Your take on it is just as awesome! Well done Lisa!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. neat touch to use the stitching paper I like the way the double sided swirls give colour and texture without too much bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I love those paper swirls- I think I have to use those- they;re fab

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, this is so cute!!! Terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This idea is so much fun! I'm sure the preschool teachers will love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok these are the most adorable cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute card. I love the twirled paper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards from a super technique - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are cute. I like that you added sewing to give even more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The twisted paper is definitely a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a fun idea...love it! :) Great cards. TFS.
    Arlene.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the wonderful message you all leave.