Thursday, June 28, 2012

CARS banner and diet

All my nephew's are having CARS parties this year for their birthdays.  Guess my little boy is the odd one out, as he wants a dinosaur party. My sister lives in Ontario and for me it is just too expensive to be able to fly back home for their party.  My sister is doing a combined party this year as her little boys turn 1 and 3.
My sister in law here is having a CARS party in a month.  I made this hoping one of them wants to use it.  My son loves CARS but apparently every little boy goes trough a stage where all they love is trucks or dinosaurs so i guess that is what we go with. Who knows maybe he will want a cars party next year!


As for me, i have decided to start a diet. Maybe not diet but better eating.  I am trying to cut out starch, breads and carbohydrates.  I can not totally cut out dairy or protein. Breakfast is fruit and 1 cup of coffee.  Lunch is protein and veggies and some more fruit. And for dinner i am trying to eat a salad ever night so far two out of three nights have been successful. So hopefully i can share with you the salad i have made.
Here was Monday night and the salad i had tonight.
 Spinach, basil and radicchio lettuce.
1/2 cup of fresh cut strawberries
1/4 cup peppers
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh mangoes
2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seed
1/2 cup of breaded chicken breast cut up
11/2 tsp olive oil and vinegar

Spinach, romaine and basil
1 whole avocado
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1/2 cup fresh pineapple
2 tbsp of toasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 greek feta cheese
11/2 tsp olive oil and vinegar

THEY SURE WERE YUMMY BUT CRAVING JUNK FOOD! 
BUT I KNOW I CAN DO IT!
If you have any interesting, filling, healthy salads feel free to share with me.






2 comments:

  1. We had a really good one tonight...my sister made it. When I get home I will make it for us for lunch one day!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the wonderful message you all leave.