Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Its beginning to look a lot like...

What a dreary looking day outside.  I think the weather has finally caught up to me.  I, much like everyone else, seem to be coming down with this head cold sinus infection yuck:(
My brain feels like it has floated away somewhere.
I feel as though i want to do some crafting but just don't know what i want to do.  Yesterday i made some Halloween cards which i hope to share later this week.  They turned out soooooo cute.
Keeping with Christmas here is another Christmas card for the class i will be hosting in November.

I just love snowflakes and felt it was perfect for the season.


I chose a lime green card stock as i wanted to stay away from the original green of Christmas.   I used versa mark and a snowflake stamp to sporadically stamp on the edge. The background cream card stock is embossed with a sizzixs snowflake embossing folder.  I used my wish blade and cut out the snowflakes.  I used a pop dot to raise them and a jewel for the middle. The sediment is from stampin up welcome Christmas set and done in old olive then cut out and raised with a pop dot.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
HEART TO HEART - CHRISTMAS
HOUSE OF GILLI - ANYTHING GOES
OOH LA LA CREATIONS - CHRISTMAS SENTIMENT
TOTALLY STAMPALICIOUS - CHRISTMAS
I really wanted to do some baking but just can't seem to figure out what it is i want to bake so i made caramel apples with my daughter.  They turned out great and tasted great too but now I'm over the craving.  Unfortunately, my daughter ate off the caramel but wouldn't eat anything more as she really didn't want her first tooth to fall out yet even though its ready any day now!

10 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty. I like the bit of sparkle and the colours.
    I had to laugh at your daughter and her tooth. I remember my daughter could blow and her tooth would just flutter, but still she wouldn't let anyone pull it out, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, that green is a lovely colour. I did smile about your daughter tooth! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with Heart 2 Heart, however, you must use products from Close To My Heart to enter our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card love the traditional colours you have chosen and the embossing really makes the sentiment jump out. Thank you for joining us in our Christmas Sentiment Challenge at Ooh La La Creations

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful clean card I love the colour combo
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly an elegant card for christmas. Thanks for sharing it at Ooh La La. Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are organised, Prepping for NOVEMBER! #23

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad it's not just me prepping for November workshops! Felt a bit odd making Xmas card samples!! Happy WOYWW. Pam#23

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards but Christmas already!?! I am trying to visit everyone! jenx 129

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the wonderful message you all leave.